Friday, July 15, 2011

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick (her website)
Release: October 13, 2009
Synopsis:

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
Review:
When I first got this book I was really excited and couldn't wait to read it. I've heard a lot good things about this book so I decided to check it out, and I have to say, over all, I am really glad I read it.
One of the reasons I really liked this book was the story line. It was original and very interesting so the book didn't start out slow or boring in anyway. From start to finish, nearly every page was captivating, but the most entertaining parts were in the end. Also, the book had some mysterious and psychological twists that happened in the story line and to Nora. And being me, I really like those being added to the normal paranormal romance theme. The whole time I was trying to guess what would happen next or who did what but, in the end, it would turn out differently, but in a way that made sense. I think my favorite thing about this book was the mysteriousness that kept me hooked (as I mentioned a bit before).
On to the characters. They were all different and showed unique personalities and most had some original names (which was really cool). I especially liked the twists the author incorporated into the characters lives. You always think you know them but then Nora discovers secrets about some of the other characters that changes that view on them. But I think that out of all the character's, Vee is my favorite, mostly because she's outgoing, a good friend to Nora, spontaneous and even a little idiotic sometimes. Oh, and speaking of favorite characters, Patch is on of mine because he's just, well, Patch. He also is one of those people I mentioned before, the ones you don't know if you can trust or not. I mean he comes off as a jerk, very mysterious, the typical bad-boy type and even sort of stalker-like and scary at first. You don't know if you can trust him or if he's the bad (evil) guy, and the secrets you learn about him don't really help that decision much. But even then I still like his character a lot.
Well, that basically brings me to the end of the review! But before I click the little "publish post" button I would like to add that I can't wait to get my hands on Crescendo! I feel like now that Hush, Hush has set up the foundation of the story, the next will be even better and just as interesting. And hopefully there will be a lot more Patch! And since I really enjoyed this book, I would definitively recommend it to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance novels or just YA books in general. It's really, awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...