Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine, Tucker Avery

http://razorbill.ning.com/profiles/blogs/be-my-valentine-book-boyfriend-list

Tucker (Tuck/Friar Tuck/Fry) Avery: Cynthia Hand, author of Unearthly and Hallowed, brought the world one of the hottest Book Boys...Tucker Avery. What's so great about him? you may ask. Well first. *gasp!* What isn't so great about him?! And Second, well, he's no bad boy Shadow Hunter or Immortal Angel and/or angel-blood, not even close. This boy is just one totally rockin cowboy. Rodeos, Stetson, boots, you name it, he's got it. This cowboy is a major fan of rodeos. Tucker competes in them and he's in the club/team. He raised his horse, Midas who is his rodeo horse, since he was a calf. Aside from rodeo's, Tucker has about a billion part time jobs. One of which is at a ski lodge where he teaches people (kids mostly...and Clara) how to ski. He owns a rusty old truck, Bluebell is another thing that is very important to him and he get's defensive if you dis it. Men and their trucks... He uses Bluebell toe cars out of the snow, sometimes. Oh, and this boy is a walking contradiction...a cowboy who doesn't like country music but listens to it all the time at the rodeo. [I think everyone's stereotypes just got ruined ;) ] Blue eyed with golden blonde hair, this rodeo riding cowboy is a total heartthrob.  Plus he loves outdoor activities. His sun tanned skin is proof of this. I don't know how tall he is, but he's a foot taller than his twin sister, if that helps... either way, I imagine him being pretty tall.  Muscle lines his arms and chest from excessive work and rodeo riding. So, basically, he is a hard worker and athletic. Plus he has stubble, which, in theory, is pretty hot. He doesn't cuss if he can help it which is seriously adorable and says a lot about him. Tuck is also the kind of guy who is unflinchingly honest. Did I mention he's a cowboy? I like cowboys :D See why he's totally freaking awesome yet? I thought so... ;D

Ideal date: For the purpose of this post I'm going off of Tucker's dream in the book. We'd go back in time (using a time machine) to ride the range in the days before fences. I'd take my boots and cowgirl hat with me and have Tucker teach me how to ride a horse. We'd ride out in the heat with the little dogies and he'd drive them across the land like a real cowboy while I tired drawing him on his horse. Then we'd have dinner in a small town with one sheriff and ride off into the sunset (back to my time machine). No kisses, though, he doesn't seem like the first date MOS (make out session) kind of guy to me :P But he'd be a serious gentlemen and drive me home when we got back to our time period. Seriously and original and romantical date. ;) 

Appearance: 
  • hazy blue eyes                  
  • golden brown hair
  • sun tanned
  • stubble on jaw
  • he has dimples! :D
  • short spiky hair
  • muscles
  • Cowboy :D
Style:
  • Tee shirts
  • plaid button down shirts
  • jeans
  • Cowboy boots
  • Stetson (AKA cowboy hat)
  • He wore a tux to prom and looked unbelievable awesome
  • cowboy!
Personality:
  • sweet
  • hard working
  • jokes a lot
  • sarcastic sometimes    
  • animal lover
  • doesn't cuss
  • seriously honest
  • romantic
  • Cowboy!! ;)
Quotes:

Tucker: "Oh, and, Carrots..."
Clara: "Yes?"
Tucker: "If you end up going to prom, save me a dance, okay?"
(Unearthly, page 215)

Clara: "You're different than I thought you were."
Tucker (smiling as he drives): "What did you think I was?"
Clara: "A rude hick."
Tucker (laughing):  "Geez, blunt much?"
Clara: "You thought i was a spoiled California chick."
Tucker: "I still think you're a spoiled California chick."
(Unearthly, page 292)

Tucker: "I'm looking at you. Why are you always trying to hide how pretty you are?"
(Unearthly, page 307)

Clara: "Not red."
Tucker: "I always felt like there was something off about your hair."
Blara: "So you thought you'd torture me by calling me Carrots?"
Tucker: "I thought I'd never seen anyone as beautiful as you."
(Unearthly,  page 349)

Tucker: "What did the fish say when it hit a concrete wall?"
Clara: "What?"
Tucker: "Dam!"
(Unearthly, page 403

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...